) – Dallas-Plano-Irving and Austin-Round Rock took the top two spots on Forbes
‘ list of America’s best large cities for jobs in 2018.
The Dallas area had 2.6 million jobs in 2017, a 2.8 percent increase from the previous year. That’s 19.6 percent growth since 2012 and 25.6 percent since 2006.
The city’s job growth is paced by strong population gain. According to Forbes
, the key to Dallas’ success is its relatively affordable housing, a favorable climate, low taxes, and an increasing array of cultural amenities.
Second-ranked Austin had 1.05 million jobs last year, a 3.4 percent increase over 2016 and 39 percent since 2006. Like Dallas, the Texas Capital’s expansion is paced by strong population growth.
The rest of the top ten are:
- No. 3 Nashville-Davidson-Murfreesboro-Franklin, Tenn.;
- No. 4 San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, Calif.;
- No. 5 Charlotte-Concord-Gastonia, N.C.-S.C.;
- No. 6 Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford, Fla.;
- No. 7 Raleigh, N.C.;
- No. 8 San Francisco-Redwood City-South San Francisco;
- No. 9 Seattle-Bellevue-Everett; and
No. 10 Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, Calif.